For the medical professional
Over the past couple of years, following the trend in other countries, we have seen a marked increase in medical negligence litigation and medical malpractice claims. Acknowledging that the costs associated with these allegations of vexatious claims can be taxing for doctors both financially and emotionally, Ginette de Villiers of MC De Villiers Brokers CC offers medical practitioners medical indemnity cover tailored to the healthcare professional as well as practices requiring custom solutions.
Ginette de Villiers boasts over 20 years of experience in the medical arena and aims to offer medical malpractice cover with a choice of occurrence based or claims-made cover through numerous South African registered insurers such as Ethiqal, Genoa, Leppard and Camargue.
To empower, inform and assist healthcare professionals with the most appropriate medical malpractice cover, Ginette de Villiers has partnered with providers who not only understand the economic climate of South Africa, but are revolutionising medical indemnity cover in the country.
With a sound understanding of these types of risks that you as a healthcare professional may be exposed to, Ginette is able to assist in tailored medicolegal cover for a range of health care practitioners and specialists. With our brokerage, you are ensured service that is accessible and always available.
To ensure peace of mind, the cover may include access to legal defence so that you, as a healthcare professional, have access to the right expertise at the right time. Litigation is then handled timeously and effectively by experienced legal experts from leading specialist medical law practices devoted to the defence of medical cases.
Furthermore, through her exclusive partnerships with MPC, IMedPrac and SA Medical Specialists, she provides clients with value-added benefits specific to their profession to assist in obtaining CPD compliance, online training and ensure their practices are well sought-after.
In addition to medical malpractice and indemnity cover, MC de Villiers also assists in financial insurance solutions such as investments, short-term insurance, life cover and medical cover for the medical professional.
Tailored financial, medical and indemnity cover for the medical professional
We can assist the following healthcare practitioners and specialists in both the public and private sector:
- General surgeons
- Obstetricians & gynaecologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Cardiovascular surgeon
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons
- ENT Surgeons
- Orthopaedic surgeon
- Family Physician
- General practitioners
- Emergency critical care specialists
- Emergency Physicians
And many more
If you already have medical malpractice cover in place, are you confident in answering the following questions?
- Are you familiar with you current medical malpractice policy?
- Clear about type of cover you have purchased in terms of occurrence versus claims made?
- Are you being given peace of mind that your claim is being addressed?
- Do you know your annual premium increases?
- Has your policy terms and conditions changed over the past year?
- Are you aware of the extended benefits, exclusions as well as excess you receive on your policy?
- Do you know the renewal date of your policy?
- Most importantly, are you covered for your next medical malpractice claim?